Saturday, October 26, 2013

October 26

Way back on May 26, I posted about the volunteer tomato plant in my garden box. Well, it got huge. No, not just huge: enormous. It takes up every single inch of space available and then some. Here it is this evening:

I think it illustrates the point that I made back on May 26 absolutely beautifully.

This plant grew from a seed that took root without human intervention. I didn't really take care of it, yet it grew and grew and grew and has produced more tomatoes by itself than any collection of plants I've deliberately grown in the past. It grew and produced despite my human failings. It's amazing.

It's a visual representation of how God plants seeds and tends them with loving care until they produce and produce and produce. Because I have to be clear: this is most definitely God's tomato plant and God's handiwork on display. I'm just the blessed gal who gets to enjoy the resulting bounty.

No comments:

Post a Comment