Tuesday, October 15, 2013

October 15

Today, we visited the Magic Kingdom. Although Abby and I went last October, Adam, Isaac nor Brady had ever been.

From the outset, I asked Logan to show up. Please, please I thought. Just show up.

Though there wasn't an aha moment, I did feel a glimmer of his presence while we were on It's a Small World, as well as a general reminder to keep appreciating the little things.

We rounded a corner in our boat and came upon a pair of blue lambs dancing to the (highly addictive and borderline maddening) music. I immediately thought of Lambie. I wish I'd taken a few seconds to retrieve my camera from my pocket, but I didn't. And then they were gone.

The other noteworthy bit of that ride came from the older woman seated behind us. As we entered every new room, she'd draw in her breath and declare that is soooo cute!. Over just about every dancing doll and swinging monkey.

And you know something? I think that's how we're supposed to live. It's how Logan lived. And I'm grateful for the older woman who reminded me, once again, that the smallest things can bring us great joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment