Sunday, October 20, 2013

October 20

I absolutely love it when my kids decide, out of the blue, to do something creative. Abby and Isaac did precisely that this afternoon while Adam and I watched the Niner game and Brady napped.

Abby was first to put her artistic skills to work. She told us it was Christmas, and that she had surprises for each of us. We closed our eyes, and when I opened mine, the purple cat was in my lap:

Inspired, Isaac squirreled away into the dining room and got to work on his own projects. He too played the Christmas card, and presented me with the pink cat.

It's amazing to watch them grow. I'm amazed by how creative Abby is. I'm amazed that since starting kindergarten, Isaac's interest in writing and drawing --activities that he literally hated and cried over before school began-- has skyrocketed. I'd love to take credit, but I can't; they're amazing people because God made them that way.

I'm just the lucky mom who gets to watch them grow and change and become really, really cool bigger kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment