Friday, October 25, 2013

October 25

It took a whopping hour for the school to call me this morning and ask that I come pick Isaac up. He was apparently coughing in class. A lot. In my defense, he didn't cough once from the time he got up til the moment he walked through his classroom door. But I guess things change quickly in kindergarten. Anyway, that call gave me a few extra, unanticipated hours with him at home today.

He'll be annoyed with me over this some day, but I love moments like these so I have to explain. You can't tell from the picture, but here he is wearing my black patent leather wedges. (Those are dress shoes, for the non-shoe inclined.) He was very pleased with himself for slipping his toesies into mommy's shoes, and he actually wanted me to take a picture.

I love that kind of innocence. It doesn't last long, but it's so pure and cute and sweet that I'd eat up every ounce of it, were that a literal possibility.

So yes, I see a bit of God in my son's unbridled glee over trying on my shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment