Wednesday, October 16, 2013

October 16

I can't really use an exact image for today's entry, because it springs from something that no matter how hard I wish, I simply can't photograph. So I'm using a substitute picture of Adam, Isaac, Brady and Abby walking toward the Tomorrowland Speedway instead, because the more I think about it and in an ironic sort of way, it fits the bill.

During an episode of The Golden Girls (yes, stick with me here...), Blanche has a dream about her husband George, who passed away before she welcomed Rose, Dorothy and Sophia to live with her in her Miami home. Anyway, at the end of the episode, she wakes up happy because at long last, she got to hug her husband during her dream.

Well, last night I got to see Logan in my dream. And I got to touch him; I dotted his precious cheeks with kisses. We didn't talk, but it's the first time since he moved on that I've been able to touch him in a dream. In fact, during the rare occasions when he appears in my dreams, I can only see him from a distance. I woke up feeling so happy, and then I remembered that it wasn't real.

But it will be real again some day. And this is where the Tomorrowland Speedway comes into the picture. Logan loved cars. So does Brady. As a result, we wound up riding that particular attraction --which Brady enthusiastically called "The Racing Cars"-- five times. More times than we rode any other ride.

I may not have been able to love on Logan for real in this life, but there's the hope of Tomorrowland --Heaven-- that still ties us all together.

2 comments: