Saturday, October 12, 2013

October 12

Picking today's picture was a huge challenge for me, since today was the second annual Team Logan Bake Sale in New Smyrna Beach, Florida. It's strange (albeit gratifying, in a way) to see my son's face plastered all over a town he never visited in a state I'm not sure he knew existed. So it would've been easy to use one of the shots of us or the kids sitting beside one of the awesome posters Kathy had printed up. It also might've been easy to use a picture from the pie eating contest, which saw Abby, Isaac AND me all chowing down on rich --incredibly rich, glub glub!-- chocolate cream pie. But the image I ultimately settled on is something so purely Logan that it begged to be used:

Adam saw it first, and took a hard right into a parking lot to get an up-close gander. I didn't get his sense of urgency to see this particular car since Canal Street was lined with Vette after Vette, just like it was last year when Abby and I were here.

And then I noticed the license plate placeholder:

Sunshine.

And then, of course, it made perfect sense. That aha, he IS around here somewhere feeling that absolutely bowled me over last October.

Pretty neat. And definitely very cool and a very welcome sign from beyond.

1 comment:

  1. sorry we didn't make a record, but we all had a good time

    ReplyDelete