Monday, August 11, 2014

August 11

Mid-afternoon, I realized that today marked exactly two-and-a-half years since Logan made his Heaven debut. At first, I was sad that it had taken me so long to remember. I felt a little like I'd betrayed him by going about my day (which was highlighted by an interview with the newly crowned winner of Food Network Star and smoothies with Abby, Isaac, and Brady) without a cloud of sadness above my head. I was especially mortified to realize that I was having a good day; the kind of day that left me feeling happy and satisfied and grateful. And then the feelings of guilt morphed into genuine happiness, because I realized that me going about my day and feeling content is a blessing. It doesn't mean that I've forgotten him or that I don't love him. It just means I'm starting to prioritize his life over the date of his passing; his being over the tragedy of his human end. I feel like I'm finally beginning to put the bulk of my energy into remembering the five-and-a-half years he was here among us on earth, and that's a very positive step.

This evening, I took a solo shopping trip. I was walking through the gardening section of the store and happen to look down. And when I did, I saw this:

It's the sweet, lovable Lambie from Doc McStuffins. She was completely out of place, and I laughed when I saw her. And of course, I stopped and took her picture because it was just too perfect.

Because that Lambie reminded me of our Lambie. Logan loved his Lambie so much and Lambie was his constant companion til the very end. Seeing that Lambie reminded me that Logan is out there, and since I have no real conception of how time works in Heaven, he could well be 'found' in surprising places.

No comments:

Post a Comment