Tuesday, August 5, 2014

August 5

Most of the time, Abby holds her little brothers at arms' length. I have no real proof to back up my suspicion, but I suspect she does so at least in part because she adored Logan and lost him.

So this morning, I was gratified when I looked across the room and saw her sitting right next to Isaac as they watched TV. He had an arm on her stomach, and she had an arm around his neck. And they just sat there... being. I tried to be stealthy, but she noticed as I approached them with my phone poised to snap a shot, and suddenly pulled away. But at my request --and insisting that I never, ever acknowledge the photo's existence-- she allowed me to take this:

It made me smile to see them together; to see them acting like good buddies rather than near-mortal enemies. Those moments are so rare for Abby that I cherish them: I package them up in pretty little boxes and store them in my heart to open again and again when times feel tougher than I'd like.

So for peace and harmony and genuine friendship here on the homefront, I'm thankful, for peace and harmony and friendship are most definitely part of God's great design.

No comments:

Post a Comment