Thursday, August 28, 2014

August 28

I'm tired. This first week of school has gone quite well, but the early rising coupled with the long walks toting Abby and Isaac to their classes and home have left me feeling, well, zapped.

Moments after I arrived home from back to school night (and an unplanned trip to Costco) tonight, I shuffled into the kitchen and found this:

Leftovers. I quietly chuckled over the irony of leftovers, because I kind of feel like a plate of leftovers; like I'm whittled down to some residual parts that aren't necessarily my best bits and pieces.

But then I saw the deeper message in that pot of mac and cheese. Yep, I'm worn down. More often than not, I feel like my family doesn't really get the best of me. But the good news is that God can use even leftovers for good. So even though I'm pooped, I can still make an impact, if I'm open to the possibility.

(And you know something? The mac and cheese wasn't half bad, after all.)

No comments:

Post a Comment