Friday, August 15, 2014

August 15

We went on another hike today. This time, the trail was a much easier one that coursed through the south grove of the Calaveras Big Trees State Park.

It was a beautiful day and our surroundings were a picture of serenity, so I took a lot of photos as we strolled along. I could have used any of them, really, but when I scrolled through my slideshow, I kept coming back to this one. There's just something so stunning about it -- about the intensity of the contrast and color. And of course, there's the symbolism of Adam and Brady walking out of the darkness and into the light, too. Maybe that's it. Or maybe it's because at some point as we walked along, I heard Brady ask Adam if the trees in the forest reached high enough into Heaven to allow Logan to climb down. It means everything that he thinks of his biggest brother, even if he doesn't really remember him.

But regardless of the reason, it reminds me that we had a pleasant time together, and that's a blessing all-around.

No comments:

Post a Comment