Sunday, August 24, 2014

August 24

In 12 hours, Abby and Isaac will be back in school. The summer has gone by far too quickly, but it is what it is. Despite my own feelings of disappointment over not getting to hang out with them 24/7, I have at least one thing I'm truly happy about as this year begins.

Abby's been a nail-biter for a number of years now. Honestly, I'm not sure when she started the habit, but in recent times, she's routinely bitten her nails down to the quick and even drawn blood a few times. Around the end of the school year, she was admiring my nail polish collection and asked if she could have some. I said sure... if she could stop biting her nails.

And she did it. As a former nail biter myself, I know how hard it is to kick that particular habit, and I'm so proud of her for taking the challenge and getting it done. So tonight, in honor of the start of her last year of elementary school, I painted her nice, long, pretty nails a glittering light pink.

I'm thankful to God that she's growing up and maturing.

No comments:

Post a Comment