Wednesday, August 6, 2014

August 6

I took the kiddos out for breakfast this morning, per Abby's request. On the way over, I happened to look in my rear view mirror and saw a cranberry-colored Corvette approaching. Those fancy zoom-cars always make me smile.

After we ate, we popped over to Toys R Us, just because I felt compelled to look around. While driving, I saw yet another Vette. And then when we arrived, we came across a virtual mother lode of Cars.

I mentioned to Abby just last night as we wandered through Target that I was sad that I hadn't been able to find any new Cars in quite some time. I figure there's a reseller (or two) in the area who swoops into most of the stores and buys up the new ones as soon as the cases are unpacked. So it was overwhelming to find an entire collection of new ones that we'd never seen before. After loading up on Cars, I checked the Hot Wheels aisle just because, and came across not just one but two new Corvettes. If all of that weren't enough, as we walked to the register to check out, we passed a bin of iPod covers that were marked down a whopping 95%. Right there on top of the heap was one that featured Lightning McQueen. So of course, it came home with us.

It's just stuff. I admit that. But it's also a blessing to have such tangible reminders of my Sunshine show up in such impressive numbers. It makes him feel a little less far away.

Oh, and on the way home, I saw another Corvette.

1 comment: