Saturday, August 9, 2014

August 9

Abby mentioned at some point early this afternoon that she wanted to make cupcakes. A little while later, I headed out to do some shopping. When I came back, she happily told me that there were indeed cupcakes, and that they were in the oven. A little later, after they'd had a chance to cool, she frosted them all by herself:

I'm not entirely sure who did the actual baking part --I'm guessing Adam did most of it and she assisted-- but she did the decorating all by herself. And I was impressed. They looked nice, and tasted really good. And I know she was proud of her effort, because she was eager for everyone to try one.

I'm grateful that she decided she wanted to made something and then went ahead and did it. She's growing up, and as I've noted before, that's a good thing that I won't take for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment