Wednesday, June 10, 2015

June 10

It rained all day long, which is unusual for a few reasons. One, it's June, and we average .09" of rain in June. And two, well, even given #1, we're in the middle of a serious drought so an entire day of gentle rain is an extra-special anomaly. Despite the weather, the fifth graders celebrated their next-to-next to last day of elementary school with the long-awaited pool party. This is the group of girls I drove to the aquatic center this morning:

I really love Abby's class. The girls on either end, C and B, were both in her kindergarten class, and I've spent part of the evening looking back at the handful of photos I took back then. I've marveled over how much they've grown and changed and matured over time. I've felt a deep sense of gratitude that I've gotten to see them all go from little bitty five-year olds to sweet, sassy preteens. And I've laughed over a picture that I found from kindergarten that featured a photobomb by none other than my sunny Logan.

I'm thankful for so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment