Monday, June 22, 2015

June 22

During the final days of the school year, Abby asked if we could have breakfast at the Black Bear Diner sometime over the summer. I said okay, so that's what we did this morning.

But when we first piled into the car to head out, I noticed that the needle on the gas gauge was below the big E. And not just below it, actually: well below it.

I'll admit it: I white-knuckled it as I drove toward the gas station. I listened intently for any little knock foretelling an impending stall. But we made it, and my very thirsty car took plenty of fuel. And then lickety-split, with the brief blip in the radar in the past, we were off to enjoy our planned brunch of mini volcanoes (them) and eggs benedict (me).

But looking at that gauge made me think of how often people live this life while running on empty. And it also reminded me, on a personal level, to remember to refuel by praying and seeking God. So in a way, I guess you could say that I'm thankful for our unexpected little side trip.

1 comment:

  1. I guess it is about the journey as much, or more so, than the destination. Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete