Thursday, June 25, 2015

June 25

The temperature soared into the triple digits today. So save a trip to Target to get cat food, we stayed inside. Then this evening, after Adam (and Abby, who joined him for Take Your Kid to Work Day) got home and we'd had dinner, I braved the lingering mid-80 degree weather and took a walk by myself. There weren't many folks out, and the hum of air conditioner units created a peaceful din that took me back to way-back-when, when I'd fall asleep on the kitchen floor to the warm, moist hum of our dishwasher.

As my stroll came to a close, I looked down and saw this along the sidewalk:

It is, of course, plain old bug damage that creates the appearance of tiny hearts on the flower's petals, but what beautiful damage, I think. And a yet another nice reminder that pretty, meaningful things can arise from less-than-ideal situations and circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment