Monday, June 29, 2015

June 29

Restless children often transform into cranky children, and that's pretty much what I had to deal with all day long. By the time we got around to our weekly Costco visit trip this evening, I'd had more than enough for one day. Thankfully, an unexpected person came to the rescue as I huffed and puffed my way up and down the aisles, trying hard not to blow my top.

Abby watched me bubble and boil for a few minutes before she grabbed the Little Boys' hands, and announced that they were going to play "The Human Chain" game. I listened as she explained the game to them; how they'd need to hold hands --form a chain-- and not let go until they reached the checkout line. And they actually played along with "the game."

It's a blessing when my kids surprise me for all the right reasons.

1 comment: