Wednesday, June 17, 2015

June 17

Today was a much-appreciated bum-around-and-do-nothing kind of day. Sort of. I wound up transcribing and posting my backlog of interviews from the past week, and the kiddos played a bunch of different games. Given that most of them didn't involve running, screaming, or injury, I felt a sense of contentment with how it all rolled.

Abby picked this little bunch of flowers from the in-laws' garden on Sunday afternoon. I took a good look at them just now while I was in the kitchen getting a glass of water. I admired their delicate beauty: the petals' soft, silky texture and bold yet simultaneously subtle shading. And I once again marveled over the many lovely things that God created for us to enjoy during our tenure in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment