Wednesday, June 3, 2015

June 3

I've been taking these pictures (per Brady's request) for a few years now. It hasn't happened every single day, no, but it's been something of a routine occurrence for the kiddos to climb up into the branches and pose for a pic as we walk down the path away from the school after pick-up.

But this evening I realized something: with Abby poised to finish elementary school next week, this will be one of the last ones in the sequence.

We'll take more of them, I'm sure. Probably during our weekend walks, Brady will scamper up to the tree and ask to take a picture. But it won't be quite the same.

Rather than being sad about it, though, I'm choosing to be happy that I have those pictures and that distinctive memory of something so routine yet still so special to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment