Thursday, June 4, 2015

June 4

Every now and then, one of my kids will strike a pose that absolutely melts my heart. Here's one I captured this afternoon.

It amazes --and I mean amazes-- me that this is the same little baby who was in my womb as I waddled around Children's four and a half years ago. I can't believe it's been that long. I can't believe I haven't seen Logan's sweet face in more than three years. I feel the painful injustice of that reality every single day.

But at the same time, I feel blessed beyond measure to be able to watch this little man --and Abby and Isaac-- growing and changing. And I feel blessed by the moments when I can see aspects of Logan --his sunny personality, his beautiful soul, his gentle spirit-- manifest in the three of them. And somehow, this particular moment from today reminded me that though Logan is not here with us physically, he's here in other ways. It's never good enough; it's never "good enough" not having him here. But this little clown and his co-horts help temper the sting of that loss every single day. For that, I'm thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment