Friday, June 5, 2015

June 5

Isaac went to a birthday party at a local bounce house place this evening. While the kiddos played, I chatted with a friend. I don't remember exactly why, but at one point I looked up the top songs of 1996, the year I graduated from high school. What I found made me take pause.

Some of the picks are kind of funny, like the "Macarena." (It still surprises me that that silly song was so popular with my generation. I mean... really?) But a few others took my breath away. Mariah Carey's "One Sweet Day" got me a little. And most definitely "Because You Loved Me." That one hit me like a lightning bolt because that was the song I "heard" Logan's heart singing to mine shortly before he passed away, even though he was very much out of it at the time.

I guess I can't really explain my feelings very well this time, but trust me: it felt like a hug to see the names of those songs again.

No comments:

Post a Comment