Wednesday, June 24, 2015

June 24

With a few Starbucks freebies burning a hole in my gold card, these little goofballs accompanied me to use one of them this morning.

There's plenty of utterly lovable silliness in this image, but two things struck me as items for which I'm particularly thankful. One, they were both thrilled to sit there and drink tall ice waters even though I plunked down a much larger, much frou-frou'ier beverage on the table for myself. Not a peep of complaint from either party. Two, they shared a single chair and neither offered up a single world of protest. Even though the place was (rather surprisingly) crowded for 10 AM mid-week, I'd briefly scanned the room for a spare. But I'd sprung into mental action prematurely: before I could act, they'd created an invisible line down the center of a single seat and plopped down right next to each other with nothing but contentment on their faces.

Ah, sweet harmony.

No comments:

Post a Comment