Monday, October 12, 2015

October 12

Some days just get away from me; I go through the motions and finish my chores, but I forget to look beyond the end of my nose. I forget to notice what's around me. It was one of those days. So I'm going to be lame and use what wound up being the only photo I took today.

When I got home from retrieving the kiddos from school this afternoon, I walked through the family room, saw this, did a triple take, laughed aloud, and went back to the kitchen to get my phone. There's something both sweet and comical about the cat plunking herself down with Abby's dolls and stuffed animals. And now, as I sit here thinking about it, the way she stuck herself in that unlikely spot is probably how God inserts Himself into my days sometimes: He settles right into a spot where I'd be sure to see Him --and smile in response-- if only I'd take a split-second to look. Kind of sobering, I guess, but I'm not above admitting that some days, I just plain miss the boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment