Friday, October 30, 2015

October 30

Since Halloween falls on a Saturday this year, Isaac's school held their annual parade today. Since I'm also a room parent in his class, Adam took Abby and Brady to their respective schools while I walked "Mario" to class. As soon as we arrived, he kind of melted into his line, chatting and laughing with some of the boys and girls in his class. But still, when he saw that I was pointing the camera in his direction, he stopped and smiled for me.

I've been a crazed shutterbug ever since Abby was born. My kids are very well-trained when it comes to the art of smiling for the camera. But it fills me with such glee whenever they stop and smile when their friends are looking. I'm sure Isaac won't always be so responsive to my clicky-whims, and one day, the idea of mom snapping photos of him with his friends will be mortifying. And he may even say something like mo-om, you're embarrassing me! Stop!.

So for now, I'm thankful that I can be me --and chronicle his quickly-passing childhood-- with no fear of the eyeroll.

No comments:

Post a Comment