Sunday, October 4, 2015

October 4

I've been feeling a bit under the weather, so I enjoyed a low-key kind of day: went to church, watered Logan's flowers, went to the store to buy cat food, watched the 49ers lose, and vegged out with my computer. Then after dinner, we went for a walk (as we usually do on cooler-than-not evenings).

There's something about fall that usually improves my mood. The pleasant temperatures, how the leaves change color (although they don't really do that here...), memories of hot cider and hayrides and snuggly flannel shirts. And also how the beginning of the season signals the approach of winter and Christmas. (Don't worry: I'm not decorating just yet.)

It's always a blessing to watch the seasons change, if you ask me, because along with every new season comes a sense of renewal. And I can only speak for myself, but I like the idea that I'm always forgiven and always able to start anew.

No comments:

Post a Comment