Wednesday, October 21, 2015

October 21

Some of my very favorite moments involve my kids taking care of one another.

After pick-up, as I drove toward home, I half-listened as Abby read portions of Isaac's library book to The Little Boys. It was a remarkably peaceful ride, and I was half-sorry to see it end. But end it did, and after I did a quick trash clean-up in the car, I headed to the front door to unlock it and found them like this, with Isaac taking a turn reading to Abby and Brady. I smiled and snapped this photo (because quite predictably, the sound of the shutter snapping prompted a big eyeroll and 'mo-om, that is SO embarrassing!' from my pre-teen).

These aren't the most common moments at our house, but they're definitely the most harmonious, and I'm unendingly thankful for those precious moments of peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment