Tuesday, October 20, 2015

October 20

Tuesday is no-preschool day for Brady, so he accompanied me during today's errands. During our post-shopping Starbucks run, he decided to bring his two good friends, BearBear and Beggar (I know, weird name, but he was my grandma's and she named him Little Beggar 30 years ago), inside. After we'd secured our drinks, I suggested we take a seat for a few minutes and Brady insisted that we needed a place large enough to accommodate all four of us.

And it made me think: God wants us to live so that we have space at our tables; so that we're open to meeting and interacting with people from all walks of life. He wants us to be in regular fellowship with one another, sharing our joys and fears and worries and hopes.

Is there space at your table? Do you work to include everyone, or are you inclined to make excuses to shut others out? Give it some thought. I know I did, and I'm going to strive to keep open spaces at my own table.

No comments:

Post a Comment