Thursday, October 8, 2015

October 8

While the Little Boys played before school this morning, I did a few casual laps around the park (which pretty much means I played with my phone while slowly circling the playground structures). At one point, a squirrel darted across my path and I looked up into a nearby tree.

It's hard to see, but there's a little squirrel right there in the center of the picture. That little guy stared down at me while I stared up at him. Neither of us moved a stitch, and by the time I broke our shared gaze a minute later, I was quite amused.

I don't spend a lot of time thinking about animals --especially not about squirrels-- but there's something so calming about watching them do their thing in nature. They're like little worker bees, happily going about their business and keeping on schedule no matter what's going on around them. Seeing their industriousness in action is a blessing, especially when modern conveniences make it very easy to be lazy and non-motivated.

No comments:

Post a Comment