Sunday, October 25, 2015

October 25

When Adam returned from Munich, he brought me chocolate: Cadbury he picked up during a layover in London, as well as the biggest bar of dark chocolate I've ever seen. (Seriously, it's huge.)

To be completely honest, I was a little disappointed when he handed me my cocoa-y bounty; after all, I'd just spent a week alone managing the house and the kids and all of their activities. I wondered if maybe he couldn't have come up with something a little more... I don't know, fun? Unique? Something that I couldn't run to Target to pick up myself?

And then this evening, I opened that giant dark chocolate bar and oh. My. Gosh. It's delicious. Maybe the best I've had.

And I was immediately humbled. As it turned out, my gift is definitely something that I'll enjoy for some time to come. (Because like I said, it's huge.) I judged it before I peeled back the wrapper, just like people so often judge others before getting to know them. Certainly a good reminder for me --to treat others as I'd like to be treated-- as we start a new week.

No comments:

Post a Comment