Thursday, October 29, 2015

October 29

Today, I got to pour glue from one big jug into another. (Seriously. It's part of the preschool restocking/clean-up process.)

Glue moves very, very slowly, so the activity is just as tedious as it sounds. And I could hardly wait to be done with the task. But honestly, as I watched the last drops drip, drip, drip their way into a bottle, I was surprised to find an almost soothing beauty in what I saw. (I know, weird. But roll with it.) It was still a slow and time-consuming process, but when I paid attention to what it looked like as it traveled, it actually wasn't all that bad.

Life is the same way, I think: we have to slog through plenty of boring, uneventful, like-watching-paint-dry (or glue-drip) experiences, but if we look for the beauty hidden within those activities, we're sure to find something that catches our fancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment