Saturday, May 14, 2016

May 14

Today Abby and I donned our nerdy finest for dance picture day.

This is our fifth and final year as part of the Mother/Daughter dance. We've been Country Girls, California Girls, Ladies of the '80s, Tina Turner's River Rollers, and this year, simply The Nerds. I've worn a straw hat, teased and sprayed my hair into a frizzy mass of tangles, jumped around in mounds of swingy fringe, and shaken my bum at the audience. I've enjoyed getting to know other moms I wouldn't have otherwise gotten to meet.

But more than anything, I've enjoyed time with my one and only daughter, who I know will be starting and then finishing high school and moving on with her life well before I'm ready to let her go. So although I'm sad that Abby ages out this year, I'm so thankful that we've had this special girl time to ourselves. (And I know that somewhere out there, Logan is smiling, even if he never did get to see us perform on that stage with his earthly eyes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment