Sunday, May 22, 2016

May 22

Adam and I got married almost 14 years ago, so it's fair to say that I'm pretty far removed from the wedding world. But today, I got to help celebrate Corie at her bridal shower.

Jamie and I drove up together and enjoyed a nice afternoon at Christina's beautiful home. We had a really nice lunch and had the chance to catch up a bit. And to think: my friendships with all three of these amazing ladies initially arose from a disappointing set of circumstances.

See, way back when Abby was three years old, she attended the preschool at our church. Near the end of that year, the church decided to change up the preschool and transform it into more of a daycare center, which meant a huge price hike and longer hours that, as a stay at home mom, I neither wanted nor needed. So that meant finding an alternate school. I'd heard great things about Shining Light --and had heard Ms. Kelly speak at a mom's club meeting-- so I called them up and asked about enrollment. They were full, but Abby was placed on a waiting list for the Fall term. Fortunately, a spot opened up in Christina's class, and the rest is, as is so often said, history.

So had the original preschool not shifted gears (and caused me much frustration), I never would've gone to Shining Light, and I never would've met Corie or Christina or Jamie. So today, I'm thankful for the reminder that big blessings can arise from not-so-ideal situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment