Friday, May 27, 2016

May 27

Late last night, as I was going to bed, I suddenly realized that I'd left my purse in the van, so I went out to get it. As I reached the driveway, I noticed that the dome light was on in our commuter car. I thought it was odd, since the sun was still shining when Adam got home, but I shrugged it off. Then this evening, as Abby and I were leaving dance, I noticed that one of the ceiling lights in the van was on. So I turned it off, but naturally I had a flashback to last night.

I might have been tempted to dismiss yesterday's incident without much of a thought --by assuming that maybe Adam inadvertently hit the switch (the very tight, difficult to flip switch) on the ceiling as he got out of the car. But to have the same thing happen again tonight in a different car makes me think there's more to it. I always think of Logan my Sunshine when I think of light; it's simply where my mind goes. But in this case, lyrics flashed through my mind during tonight's repeat: Light of the world, You stepped down into darkness, open my eyes, let me see... So perhaps it was a reminder to see --and look for-- the Light. And to give praise where praise is due.

No comments:

Post a Comment