Thursday, May 26, 2016

May 26

I know this will sound crazy, but I had a really nice lunch at McDonalds today. Preschool ends tomorrow (insert big, waterwork-y *SOBS* here) so these guys (who were giddy that they got to ride to the restaurant together in one car! I love how small things are so significant to them) scarfed down their Happy Meals and hit the giant (and thankfully, empty) play structure for some rough and tumble little boy time.

Unfortunately, E's mom had to head out, but J and I had lots of time to sit and chat, and it was awesome. We're surprisingly similar people in many ways, and for me, it can be really affirming to talk with someone who understands my perspective and gets where I'm coming from. I haven't met many people who fit the bill in that way, and it's always a huge blessing when I do.

And beyond that, I got to listen to the sounds of Brady and his friends having fun, and I got to see their smiling little faces as they squirreled their way up into the structure and came barreling down the slide.

It was just a regular Thursday afternoon, but I think I'll remember it for quite some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment