Tuesday, May 3, 2016

May 3

My muffin and I had a busy morning.

After drop-offs, we headed to Starbucks --coffee for me, ice water and Goldfish crackers for him-- and then to a nearby park so he could dig in the sandbox. And then it was on to a sporting goods store for socks (and a t-ball bat for a certain little boy who batted his eyelashes at me and said "pleeeeease?" so sweetly that my desire to be firm and say no completely left me) and the grocery store for cat food.

As I sat with him having my coffee, it occurred to me that these days are limited. Very limited, now that he's in his final month of preschool. My final month of preschool. I get emotional when I think about it, so I don't usually go there, but today I did. And I resolve to savor every last God-given moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment