Monday, May 16, 2016

May 16

One of the irritating things about grief is its unpredictability. I can go for weeks feeling reasonably "normal" (though I admit that I use that term very loosely, since I'm still not exactly sure what "normal" means anymore) and then out of nowhere, I'm thinking about my Sunshine and feeling those same old stabbing pains around the heart and sobbing. Late last night was one of those times. So today, it was a blessing to me to see Brady playing with these:

Some of them belonged to Logan, and some were added to "his" collection after he moved on. But Brady likes to play with them now and again; brothers connected by little cars with faces. And the sight is most definitely good for my battered heart.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete