Sunday, May 8, 2016

May 8

Mother's Day, like Logan's birthday and the anniversary of his Home-going (and most major holidays), is bittersweet for me. Or, as I remarked to a friend a few days ago, it's one-quarter bitter. But I guess that's not really right, either, because Logan definitely isn't a "bitter." So I guess my feelings are best described as "complicated."

At any rate, mixed feelings aside, today was pleasant enough. The family brought me breakfast --a waffle-- and gifts in bed.

Then we went to church, had lunch, visited Logan's grave, went for a long walk, and played a few rounds of cards. Then we had homemade pizza for dinner. Adam even groomed the cat for me (which, if you've ever cleaned a cat, you know is a challenge).

So yes, it was a gentle, nice day. And for now, that's all I ask of my special days.

No comments:

Post a Comment