Monday, July 11, 2016

July 11

The kiddos began VBS today, and it was something of a hallmark occasion for me because for the first time, Abby was a volunteer rather than a helper. (And just so the photo isn't completely random, it was also Free Slurpee Day at 7-Eleven and my half-birthday. That's right: I'm halfway to another birthday. Cue the streamers. Moving along....)

She's assigned to the preschool/kindergarten room for the week. I wasn't entirely sure how she'd do, but I felt a great sense of pride when I picked her up in the afternoon and the group leader told me how natural she'd been with a few of the little ones in her care.

A good start to a new week is always a blessing!

1 comment:

  1. how is the interaction between Abby and Brady in the class together?

    I love the symmetry of the photo. while they're in age and height order, the blue shirts act as bookends. :)

    ReplyDelete