Tuesday, July 5, 2016

July 5

It's nice to be home. We were up in the mountains at Adam's parents' cabin for the long weekend. It would've been more fun had I been feeling better, but the kiddos had a good time playing lots of different games and it was nice to just be away from civilization for a little while.

In the back of my mind, though, I worried over how my little bean plants would handle not being watered for four days. I assumed they'd shrivel up in my absence, but this is what I found when I got home and went out back to check on them:

Not brown, not wrinkled, and most definitely not dead. Better yet, they're all larger and healthier-looking than they were when I left them on Friday.

It's always lovely when I'm the recipient of a pleasant surprise, and especially the kind of pleasant surprise that reminds me of God's provision for all life -- even something as seemingly insignificant as a couple of fledgling backyard bean plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment