Saturday, July 23, 2016

July 23

While Adam and I were at the wedding yesterday, Brady was at my in-laws' house being sick. Given that I've been dealing with vomit for more than a week now (and given my extensive history of dealing with said bodily fluid), I can't say that I was sorry to miss out on it, but I was sorry that I wasn't on hand to comfort him as he suffered. So when he camped out on the couch after getting home this morning, I plunked down next to him --my head close to his and my hand touching his little hand-- and we watched Cars 2.

Emotional comfort is an incredibly precious thing. While it's a blessing to receive it from someone else, it's just as big a blessing to be able to provide it to someone in need.

Given how broken this world is --and I'm reminded of that truth multiple times every single day-- it's a relief to know that it's still possible to make someone's day better just by being in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment