Wednesday, July 6, 2016

July 6

Look! More food!

But seriously, our apple tree --which was dormant last year-- is absolutely overstuffed with tiny fruit, and has been for a few months now. I didn't grow up with fruit-bearing trees --gardens were more my thing-- so I wasn't quite sure when to deem them ready for human consumption, but this morning I threw caution to the wind and plucked the very first one from its branch.

Given my aforementioned apple-related ignorance, I wasn't sure what to expect, and since my sense of taste is pretty blunted courtesy of my never-ending sinus issues, I had the kiddos taste test the little thing. The verdict? A little on the tart side, but good and flavorful.

I love that I can take 15 steps into my yard and pick a snack for my children. It's a blessing that is easily overlooked, but it's definitely a sweet one.

No comments:

Post a Comment