Thursday, July 28, 2016

July 28

I promised Abby that we'd get ice cream at the Dairy at some point this summer, and with the clock ticking and the mercury still high, this morning seemed like as good a time as any to fulfill that request. After we'd secured the cones, I decided to drive to the little park downtown where we had ice cream four years ago for some abbreviated play time (it was hot out, after all!) and to recreate this old photo:

In case it hasn't always been obvious, I'm a photo person. I love looking back at times gone by. I love how something as simple as an image can jog a compete memory: not just how something looked, but how it smelled and how it tasted and how it made me feel. So the act of having the kiddos actually cooperate and pose for me so I could re-live that moment was a blessing to me today.

1 comment: