Monday, July 25, 2016

July 25

The summer is absolutely flying by and I'm dismayed that school starts three weeks from today. Three weeks! I'm sure there are parents reading this who absolutely can't wait to usher their little ones out the door, but I'm not part of that camp. My experience has colored my view on time with the kiddos; even when they bicker endlessly and drive me another tick toward insanity, I'm always conscious that we're not promised endless time here on earth. So I take it with a grain of salt and at least an attempt at gratitude -- at least they're here to drive me nuts. But that's me. Not everyone has my perspective and that's okay. Or at least I say it is. Truthfully, it breaks my heart a little when someone complains about how much her kid annoys her and how much she cannot wait for school to start, because I'd give so much to have Logan around to bother me.

Anyhow, I got up this morning, and realized that we're running out of free Mondays, so I decided to take the kids out for brunch.

It was just another brunch at Black Bear. We've gone a few times this summer and each time, they've been well-behaved and we've had a nice time talking and eating and playing the little games on the kids' menus.

Every meal I get to share with them is a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment