Saturday, July 16, 2016

July 16

Since Abby was up all night throwing up, she spent her day lying on the couch watching My Little Pony while I took the Little Boys out for our usual Saturday lunch at our usual haunt. It was crowded when we arrived, so we had to wait a few minutes for a table, but once we did, we settled into the routine and the coloring began.

The front side of the place mats feature a picture that the kids are theoretically supposed to color in, but not my kids. They prefer to be creative on the wide open canvas that's the back side. I never know what they'll choose to draw; some weeks it's ninjas, others, it's animals. I'm still not exactly sure what Isaac was drawing today (though I suspect it had something to do with the video game they were playing before we left the house), but when I looked over, I was gratified to see the word 'love' on the page.

Because we all need love.

No comments:

Post a Comment