Thursday, July 7, 2016

July 7

Abby's long-time friend B is sleeping over tonight.

She joined us mid-afternoon, and since then, the girls have hung out in Abby's room, played Disney Infinity on the Wii, played Animal Jam, interacted with the Little Boys, had dinner, and giggled over ice cream. Right now, they're watching Shrek the Musical and dancing around the family room.

As I sat with them while they played a claw machine game on their respective computers --I unfairly call it parallel play, because they were chatting and laughing the whole time-- I realized how much I love watching them get older. And I love that even though they've known each other since they were in the same kindergarten class and have had many other good buddies come and go along the way, they're still friends. Knowing that they have each other to help navigate the tricky pre-teen years is an amazing blessing to this mom's heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment