Friday, July 22, 2016

July 22

My friend (and the boys' preschool teacher) Corie got married today, so Adam took the kids up to his parents' house for the night so we could go and stay for the duration.

Weddings are pretty incredible things. Every time I attend one, I sit and watch and think back on my own wedding --almost 14 years ago!-- and marvel over the way God orchestrates life; how He places us in locations we'd have never imagined for ourselves and brings us through different trials and gifts us with relationships with one another. The number of marriages that He's orchestrated is pretty amazing, if you consider how many people have walked the face of the earth throughout history.

It wound up being a lovely evening; the bride was gorgeous, the ceremony was lovely, and the company was great. (I cannot tell you how much I adore our preschool family; even though we've aged out of SLP, family they'll always be to me.) Congratulations to Corie and Derek! God bless you both as you formally begin your life as one!

No comments:

Post a Comment