Tuesday, July 12, 2016

July 12

I met a relatively new friend at Starbucks for coffee today. She didn't know it, but all of the meds I'm taking right now gave me a terrible stomachache this morning, so after I dropped the kiddos at VBS, I dragged myself home and fell asleep on the couch for an hour. Fortunately, the day's first blessing was made well in advance, as we'd agree to meet much later than I usually meet friends for coffee, so I actually felt pretty good by the time we got together.

I could've whipped out my camera phone, but it feels a little weird to be like 'hey, God is speaking to me through you right now; can I take a pic?' so I figured this generic image of my cup would work.

Anyhow, it's always a blessing to me to have one on one time with friends. I'm not a raging extrovert, but I get lonely and feel isolated at times, and having the opportunity to swap war stories (so to speak) with others who are in --or have been in-- similar situations is comforting to my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment