Friday, March 10, 2017

March 10

Adam and I started dating when we were both 19. Two months ago, I turned 39, and today, he followed suit. It's completely crazy to think that our relationship will turn 20 later this year; older than the youngest adult (but still a year too young to drink).

So what can I say about this guy? About us? A lot. A whole lot, really, but I'll try to boil it down to the most essential nuts and bolts. Adam and I, we're different people. We have different interests and different personality types; he likes quiet solitude, while I crave social interaction. He's neat as a pin and well, I'm... not. He's reflective and I'm a wee bit impulsive and reactionary. So yes, we're different.

But a good relationship isn't comprised of two people who are carbon copies of one another. No, we're bonded by 20 years of experiences and memories and hopes and dreams and aspirations. And though it's not always easy to muddle through the heartbreaking times, it's always good to have a partner who loves you in spite of yourself, no matter what. And that's just what I have.

Happy birthday, hunny.

No comments:

Post a Comment