Sunday, March 5, 2017

March 5

It was Youth Sunday at church today, and Abby was part of a skit put on by a group of middle and high schoolers.

In addition to being very proud of my girl for getting up on the stage and acting our her part --alongside some community theater veterans to boot!-- I was struck by the message of the skit itself. It was, simply put, about grace.

The concept of grace has loomed large in my life of late. Our church's name features the word 'grace.' I have a friend who, whenever I start to go off the tracks about someone or something that's caused me frustration, will simply say 'grace.' And, well, I guess I'm just conscious that we all need buckets of it, both for ourselves and to extend to others.

So yeah: Grace. Accept it. Extend it. Live in it.

1 comment:

  1. I loved Abby's part in the skit. I don't know if she was directed to do it, if she did it on her own, or is part of her persona ... I loved how she stood there, swaying back and forth, trying to see what was going on and being afraid to jump in. It totally made her character come to life for me and connected with me on so many levels.

    She did a great job!

    ReplyDelete