Tuesday, March 28, 2017

March 27

This little patch of white flowers caught my eye as I walked to retrieve Brady from school, and I made a mental note to stop and take a photo on our way back through. I liked the symbolism of the tiny heads reaching upward toward Heaven and toward God. And I still do. But I'm using this image for an entirely different reason.

As I steadied my phone to snap the shot, Brady came racing into the frame and dropped to the ground. Initially, I was annoyed that he was slowing down the process, but then he turned to me, his arm outstretched and a smile on his face. And this became my new image for the day.

Some of you know this, but there's a big photo of Logan as a toddler in my dining room. It features him smiling and offering me a tiny flower with an outstretched arm. It's one of my favorites photos of all time, and Brady quite unwittingly recreated it when I least expected it.

Be open to surprising moments that mess up your plans, because sometimes they're the biggest, boldest blessings of all. (And God's plans are better than yours anyway.)

No comments:

Post a Comment